- Experience in designing and engineering cast parts
- Technical knowledge about different casting materials and casting techniques
- Reliability of casting suppliers
- Cost-efficient manufacturing process
- Outstanding material properties
- Extreme corrosion resistance
- High strength and strain at fracture with excellent elongation values
Lighter, more resilient, less expensive. These are the decisive criteria for success in rail vehicle construction.
SSC cast parts made of metal fulfil these requirements and satisfy diverse customer requirements.
Our developments have been implemented in well-known projects.
They have now been tried and tested, with excellent results.
New manufacturing technologies and a broad spectrum of materials offer the potential to decrease the weight of parts. Whether sand casting, precision casting, gravity die casting, or pressure casting: It’s possible to reduce weight by as much as 10 %.
At SSC, materials are selected through computer-supported structure and weight optimisation. This allows the geometry of the available construction space to be determined, as well as the profile of requirements for the material. However, the decisive factor is the experience that our casting experts bring to finding solutions.
Would you like some advice?
We would gladly take the time to present you with an innovative solution.
+41 (0)71 844 11 40